How to score 8+ in IELTS Writing Task 2
In this video, we are going to learn some essential tips that will help you to get a band 8.0 or higher in the IELTS writing task 2 .
IELTS WRITING Task 2 is an essay, and for both the academic and the general modules, this is a common part.
Link for paraphrasing:https://www.youtube.com/wat...
Types of sentences in English:https://www.youtube.com/wat...
Essential tips for IELTS writing task 2 for scoring 8.0 + bands
1. Read the question properly and fully to understand what is the main topic.
2. Identify the type of question and prepare your response accordingly.
3. There are various types of essays like discuss both views, advantages and disadvantages, problems and solutions, agree or disagree, to what extent do you agree or disagree, double question, etc.
4. Understand what each of these mean and devise a plan about writing the essay. You should spend approximately 40 minutes to write the essay.
5. Follow a five step process - the POWER strategy ( Plan, Organise, Write, Evaluate and Review) to write a perfect, high scoring essay.
6. Time management is essential for the IELTS writing test. Hence, the better you plan and organise, the faster you will write and the easier it is to complete within the time span.
7. After writing the essay, make sure you have sufficient time to count the number of words you have written. At least 250 words should be written for the essay.
8. By analyzing the question, you have to understand whether to write your opinion or not. You should write your opinion only when asked.
9. The essay will comprise of three parts - an introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion.
10. For maintaining cohesion, make sure that the sentences in the essay are connected well with each other in a meaningful way.
11. You can frame a good body paragraph by using transitional words, which are also called cohesive devices.
12. You need to generate the points that are relevant to the essay. The ideas need not be too complicated. Even simple and basic ideas can be explained in a good and efficient way. This is called coherence.
Stay tuned to our channel WORLDOFENGLISHEXAMS for all the latest updates!