Animation | How ram pump works | Explained in detail.





The interactive transcript could not be loaded.


Rating is available when the video has been rented.
This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Published on May 11, 2014

This video is an animation based tutorial on the working of hydraulic ram pumps. We have made this video in such a way that it's very easy to understand. Have taken sincere effort to make it as simple as possible with animations and explanation.
Ram pump works with the basic working principle - the gained momentum of the flowing water due to gravity and the flapping of the two valves namely the waste valve and the delivery valves. These types of pumps are used in rural areas which have a requirement to pump up hill and the availability of power is less.

Working of the ram pump briefed:

As shown in the animation. The water from a spring is directed to the ram pump using a pipe. The water is flowing due to the gravity as the ram pump is located downhill. Due to gravity, pressure increases inside the ram pump, resulting in the water to be forced in to the pressure chamber. In the pressure chamber we have air. The water entering the pressure chamber compresses the air to the maximum limit. As the air gets compressed its releases its pressure back on the water which forces the water up hill.

The basic requirements in the area of installing a ram pump are:

1. Should have a continuous source of water from a pool or natural spring from uphill.
2. Normally used to pump water to uphill to a village or home where availability of power is limited.

Advantages of a ram pump:

1. Less moving parts so the wear and tear is limited.
2. Less sound.
3. No need of power for the function of a ram pump.

Disadvantages of a Ram pump:

1. Wastes a lot of water, when 10 percent of water is consumed the rest 90 percent is wasted.

We are taking a lot of effort with our limited resources and time to make simple animations to make your learning experience more simple and effective. Please click the LIKE / COMMENT / SHARE to motivate our team.
You can also ask for technical video that we should make through comments.

As you all know there are many technical video been uploaded on our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TechTrix... you can also watch these video from our web site www.TechTrixInfo.com

These are some of our famous tutorial video:

How to drive n Operate a JCB BHL Machine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0QsB...

How piston pump works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEpQF...

Animation - How Clutch Works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Iay...

How fuel injection pump works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIE3...

How Hydraulic Ram Works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdsb...

Watch some technical tutorial video here:

How to troubleshoot engine smoke colour issues:

Animation how hydraulic ram and valve block spool works in a hydraulic schematic circuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq0SqJ...

How to assemble and lock Piston, Connecting rod with Gudgeon pin and Circlip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rIor...

We are also having a drawing video tutorial channel:


We are dedicated in uploading HD high quality tutorials. We will be uploading more tutorial in the coming so please make sure that you SUBSCRIBE to us and it's FREE

Answers to all you questions as listed below are in this video:

How does a ram pump works, how ram pump works, working of ram pump, basic working principle of ram pump, animation of hydraulic pump, animation of ram pump, where is a ram pump used, how to install a ram pump, how ram pump pumps water, where can ram pump be used, components of a ram pump, where to install a ram pump, working of hydraulic pump, ram pump, advantages of ram pump, disadvantages of ram pump, ram pump YouTube, ram pump working video, pump animation,


When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next.

Up next

to add this to Watch Later

Add to

Loading playlists...