Read more about real-life examples of Video Job Interview Do's and Don'ts here: http://careers.workopolis.c...
It’s hard enough to interview face-to-face, let alone in front of a camera and microphone. But video interviews are becoming increasingly more common in the hiring process. Video interviewing might be conducted if you are applying for a job in a different city, province or country. Or it might just be the way the hiring manager prefers to conduct interviews as it allows him/her to connect with the candidate earlier in the hiring process. If you're new to video job interviews, there's no reason to panic!
In this video, we'll show you some common mistakes as well as important tips to help you make a great first impression on camera.
Here are the 5 video job interview tips that you’ll learn:
1. Test all equipment and technology before recording. And test again!
2. Control the lighting in the room. You want to avoid too much or too little light. Also, watch out for too many shadows and glare.
3. Dress professionally. Just because you’re in the comfort of your own home does not mean wearing your bathrobe and pyjamas are acceptable attire for your video interview.
4. Select an appropriate location that is free of distractions. You don’t want anyone walking in on your video interview unannounced.
5. Act professionally. If you won’t do it in front of an interviewer, don’t do it in your video interview!
And remember, video interviewing is a skill and, as with any other skill, you get better with practice!
Ready? Let's go over the Video Job Interview Do's and Don'ts, so you can nail your next video job interview!