Read the full blog:http://whippycake.com/2015/...
I'm asked how I get my platinum blonde hair on the regular, so I know you will be all sorts of excited to see how I touch-up my roots at home with @LOrealParisUSA. In certain situations, I'm ok to shamelessly brag about my perfect platinum hair, especially when I feel ultra skilled and talented for doing it myself, and it turns out this good. My tutorial goes a little something like this: Step 1: Choose your Feria color. Step 2: Apply at your own convenience from home.
Step 3: Immediately post your awesome vivacious hair color to Instagram to show off your new look.
Haha. Ok, maybe you should watch my how-to video first for the easy application steps for platinum blonde hair, and then use my extra bonus tips below for a flawless root touch-up and how to avoid all the drama of making mistakes.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR GOING PLATINUM:
1. You should plan to do a retouch every 4-5 weeks. If you wait longer, you will likely have uneven growth patterns which will result in color bands and uneven blonde tones with your finished look.
2. Color will process faster and more evenly if you start with clean hair.
3. Wear a white shirt or something you don’t mind getting color on.
4. Remove jewelry and wear gloves and a towel to protect your neck and hands.
5. Comb out your hair really well to avoid tangles and knots while coloring. This will keep your process faster and cleaner.
6. Do not mix your color until your hair is combed, sectioned, and you are ready to apply immediately.
7. An absolute MUST: Apply product to very small subsections of hair to prevent uneven color. A quarter inch is ideal, or smaller for thick hair.
8. To prevent damage and breakage, do not overlap product over previously bleached hair.
9. Start applying product where your hair is the most resistant (usually your darkest section of hair).
10. If possible, use a double mirror to see the back of your head better for application, or better yet, recruit a friend to help you apply your color consistently.
11. Use a wash cloth to remove the product from a very small section of hair for a color test before washing it off completely. Do not exceed the time indicated on the box.
12. Color results vary depending on your hair color, texture, and density. Check the color chart on the box to find your color results. NOTE: If you have thick, course, black hair, you will most likely not be able to achieve a white blonde.
13. Don't be afraid to live life to the fullest—#LiveInColor with Feria!
To see more on Feria, visit LiveinColor.Com!
FTC: This video was made in collaboration with L'Oreal Paris.
WHERE ELSE TO FIND ME:
PO BOX 364
Higley, AZ 85236
For more styling tips and topics, visit my blog: http://whippycake.com