This Channel Seven Perth historic News story features changes that took place in Perth between the 1950's and 1970's.
The Swan River crossing between Perth and Victoria Park first consisted of two wooden bridges on either side of Heirisson Island, which were eventually replaced by the present pair of concrete and steel Causeway bridges in 1952.
After almost sixty years of service, the Perth tramways were gradually phased out over a decade, up until 1958.
The first portion of the Kwinana Freeway, from the Narrows Bridge to the Canning Bridge, was completed in 1959, the year TVW Channel 7 first began broadcasting.
Decimal currency was introduced in 1966, later followed by our conversion to metric weights and measures.
The first section of the Mitchell Freeway, from the Narrows Bridge, was commenced in 1967.
A period when a young Brian Burke was a journalist with TVW, before entering politics in 1973, and became the state premier ten years later.