If you're a fan of group exercise or are bored of working out on your own in the gym - you can guarantee that there is a class at Virgin Active suitable for you...included in your membership.
In this playlist, you will find demos of some of our favourite classes:
- Barre class combines classical ballet moves with elements of yoga and Pilates to offer a full body workout. Barre promises to increase tone, flexibility, strength and rhythm .
- Grid comes in 4 high intensity variations to match your goals, Grid Fit, Grid Lean, Grid Strong and Grid Active. Burn up to 500 calories in 30 minutes.
- Nova is a new class exclusive to Virgin Active which combines elements from both yoga and pilates, In one fun class, you will challenge your body to improve your balance, core control, back strength, and upper body resistance, all done to upbeat music.
- Mudder Maker is for anyone training for Tough Mudder or just enjoys a challenging high intensity workout.
- Zuu is not for the faint-hearted and will challenge your strength, speed and agility.
- Zumba helps you turn exercise into a particularly good time.
- Burn360 or Twentyfour are good options if short, sharp, high intensity is your thing.
A lot of professional and ex professional athletes train at Virgin Active, and in this playlist you will find out what training they partake in when they're off duty from their usual sports and professions.
They'll give professional fitness training tips and advice to how alternative training can support their specific goals.
Our first video is the incredible story of a long serving member, 93 year old Richard Burdfield, who has been playing tennis for over 80 years and still plays three times a week at his local Virgin Active Racquet Club.
Secondly we have a short video with the ex-England rugby star, Lawrence Dallaglio, who's recent sporting passion is cycling. He provides us with a few tips and advice about cycling and how taking it up could push yourself to limits you never knew were possible.
Thirdly we have a short video from former Pussycat Doll, Kimberley Wyatt. When she isn't performing, she likes to take part in Triathlons. She gives us her view on training for triathlons and how to get motivated.
Lastly we have Virgin Active ambassador, Levison Wood, who explains to us the importance of exploring and gives tips on how small day to day changes can transform your life.
This playlist contains three 20 minute, no equipment necessary workout videos provided by our experts.
Nova is a new class exclusive to Virgin Active which combines elements from both yoga and pilates, In one fun class, you will challenge your body to improve your balance, core control, back strength, and upper body resistance, all done to upbeat music.
Grid is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) class comes in four different forms, Grid Fit, Grid Lean, Grid Strong and Grid Active. It will pull and squat you. It’ll lunge, bend and twist you. To move you the way you were meant to. We’re talking big blasts of body conditioning that burn up to 500 calories in 30 minutes.
Zuu is a challenging workout designed by Nathan Helberg that will test your primal strength. ZUU is high intensity interval training using primal moves – push, pull, bend, twist, squat, lunge and locomotion in a unique 20 minute workout that blasts on average 300 calories in a 20 minutes.