paneer butter masala recipe with step by step pics here - http://www.vegrecipesofindi...
paneer butter masala or butter paneer is one of the most popular paneer gravy based dishes. since the gravy is mild and lightly sweet it is also liked by kids.
paneer butter masala recipe shared in this video is a tried and tested recipe and gives a restaurant style taste. its best had with rotis, chapatis or naan. also tastes good with jeera rice, biryani rice or peas pulao.
a few suggestions:
- firstly use tomatoes which are less sour or tangy and more on the sweeter side.
- if the gravy becomes tangy, then balance the tang by adding a bit of sugar and some cream.
- for a dairy free option, use tofu instead of paneer. use oil instead of butter. skip cream altogether or use coconut cream.
- you can add more butter and cream if you want. cream is also optional and can be skipped altogether.
- kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) gives a restaurant flavor. but if you do not have kasuri methi, then just skip it.
- for a slightly thick gravy you can add less water.