Episode 3 of this Iceland Road Trip adventure takes place on the east coast where Steve and I explore the best things to do in Iceland on this side of the Ring Road.
Go subscribe to Steve's awesome travel channel: https://www.youtube.com/Bac...
☆ MORE INFO FROM THIS ICELAND TRAVEL VIDEO ☆
Iceland Travel Partners:
- Iceland Car Rental - https://sadcars.com/
- Where to stay in Iceland - homeaway.com (see “WHERE WE STAYED” section below)
THINGS TO DO in Iceland (in this episode):
► Hofn - Höfn or Höfn í Hornafirði is an Icelandic fishing town in the southeastern part of Iceland which offers incredible views of the Vatnajökull glacier.
► Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon - Massive ice chunks from the nearby Vatnajökull Glacier float down into the glacier lagoon. You can even take a boat tour into the glacier lagoon and get a closer look.
► Diamond Beach - Diamond Beach is just across the road from the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. It’s called Diamond Beach because large chunks of glacier ice flows down from the lagoon and stick on the black sand beach, which look like diamonds.
► Local Guide of Vatnajökull - Local Guide Glacier Tours is a family owned and operated business that has been running glacier tours since 1991. In the summer months they run glacier hikes over the glacier and in the winter months they offer Ice Cave Tours. Book a tour here - http://localguide.is/
- tell them we sent you : )
► Vatnajökull Glacier Tour - The Vatnajökull Glacier is Europe’s largest glacier, covering 8% of Iceland’s landmass. Traversing down into the dark gray and bright blue caves, seeing the naturally formed underground passageways and glacier rivers - this is definitely one of the most unique experiences of the entire trip.
► Hengifoss - The third highest waterfall in Iceland at 128 meters high. The rock formation around the waterfall is absolutely incredible and its a great little hike along the Fjord in East Iceland.
► Iceland Reindeer - Wild reindeer live only in East Iceland, but like most animals in Iceland, they are not native. Truly incredible to see!
► Seljavallalaug Pool - Built in 1923, its said to bee one of, if not the oldest swimming pool in Iceland. Although it is technically geothermal heated, it’s not the warmest of waters. Be warned.
► Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon - 100 meters deep and about two kilometers long, the Fjaðrárgljúfur Canyon is an incredible site to see. It has recently become famous thanks to Justin Bieber shooting his 2015 smash hit “I’ll Show You” here. I can’t lie, I liked the video… minus the underwear scene - not necessary Justin.
► Sólheimasandur Plane Crash - This famous plane crash in Iceland rests on a black sand beach in Southeastern Iceland. It crashed here in 1973, when a US Navy DC plane ran out of fuel - fortunately everyone in the plane survived. It is about a 4km walk from the parking lot to see the plane crash.
WHERE WE STAYED in Iceland (with HomeAway):
1. Arnarstapi Cottages - http://bit.ly/Arnarstapi-Co...
2. Akureyi Nollur Farm - http://bit.ly/Nollur-Farm
3. East Iceland Cottage - http://bit.ly/Iceland-Cottage
4. Southern Iceland Cottage - http://bit.ly/South-Iceland...
5. Reykjavik Bachelor Pad - http://bit.ly/Reykjavik-Apa...
SUBSCRIBE ► http://bit.ly/TravelDeeper
+ INSTAGRAM ►https://www.instagram.com/t...
+ FACEBOOK ► https://www.facebook.com/to...
+ TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/tourist...
+ SNAPCHAT ►@GarethChat
+ WEB ► http://www.tourist2townie.com
MY TRAVEL VLOGGING GEAR:
- MacBook Pro 15” → http://amzn.to/2g9K6j3
- LaCie Rugged External Hard Drive → http://amzn.to/2fkojHR
- Sony a7ii → http://amzn.to/2gCeBDj
- Sony a7ii 24-70 Lens → http://amzn.to/2fhWexs
- DJI Phantom 4 Drone → http://amzn.to/2g9ALI4
- GoPro Hero 4 → http://amzn.to/2gvfJYI
- KNEKT Underwater Dome → http://amzn.to/2gez11u
- Rode Shotgun Mic → http://amzn.to/2gvg5yg
- Manfrotto 60” Compact Action Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gducpn
- Joby Tripod → http://amzn.to/2gdo6FA
P.S. Did you subscribe? If so, did you click on the notifications bell to receive updates when I launch a new video? If so, thank you!