Worlds First 3D Printed Running Horse Animation.
1) Model is built, Prepped, and Rigged in Lightwave 3D Modeler
2) Model is Animated in Lightwave 3D Layout
3) Each pose of the animation is exported as an STL file.
4) Model is sliced using slicer in the Repetier Host
5) 16 Models are printed using a Solidoodle MK2 and ABS Filament
6) Test Animation is done on a down shooter.
7) Models have their printing support material removed.
8) Models are sanded and a peg is placed in the back.
9) 16 poses are then animated repeatedly for a full 10 seconds of animation at 24 frames per second (250 frames of animation per pose)
Ending notes - The animation is jittery in the final animation due to inaccurate placement of the holding pin place in the model manually. Next time we will incorporate a hole that is statically built into the model to insure accurate model placement when animating with a stand. Also, holes in front of model are cause by user not as signings a thinker exterior wall when printing.
All in all it was a success for a first attempt.