Click Here to Purchase via PayPal or Credit Card:
Learn Gothic Calligraphy & Lettering Video Based Training ($99.00 CAD)https://www.paypal.com/cgi-...
Learn Gothic Calligraphy & Lettering eBook ONLY ($39.99 CAD)https://www.paypal.com/cgi-...
Optional Calligraphy Review Service ($79.99 CAD)https://www.paypal.com/cgi-...
Materials ONLY Video Based Training Course ($39.99 CAD)https://www.paypal.com/cgi-...
• Running Time: 5hrs 21min Approx
• Language: English
• Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced
• Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux & More
• File Format: HD Video 1920x1080 MP4, 35 Files Approx 9GB total - Quick Time, VLC, AVC, Default Android player and more
• File Format: HD Video 1280x720 MP4, 35 Files Approx 4.5GB total - Quick Time, VLC, AVC, Default Android player and more
• Gothic Calligraphy eBook: Includes a 67 Page PDF Format 8.5" x 14" printable version as well as an interactive version for mobile phones / tablets etc.
Special Features Included:
• 45+ min of calligraphy materials and how to care for them (writing tools, brushes, papers, inks, paints, mediums, etc.)
• 3 hrs of calligraphy demonstrations with full voice over instruction -- three sets of capital letters, one set of customized lower case letters, and one set of numbers
• "The Making of the Twenty Third Psalm" Calligraphy piece
• Samples of the Gothic typeface developed for use in:
Adobe PS, AI, ID, GIMP, Inkscape, Scribus or other digital arts software
• Various calligraphy templates and more
• The most comprehensive video based Gothic Calligraphy Course
• Optional Calligraphy Review Service purchased separately
This 67 page eBook includes the following topics:
• Welcome Page
• Table of Contents
○ Pilot Parallel Calligraphy Pen 6.0mm ($10)http://www.amazon.ca/Parall...
○ OR a 10mm wide flat-brush or similar . (introductory brushes are around $5 to $10). The course notes have been designed around this ( 3/8th inch, 10mm) size. A Winsor & Newton brush or any brush with spring is acceptable. Curry's, Michaels, or even a local paint and wallpaper store will have these available.
○ A palette to thin paint.
○ Cup for water and mixing paint.
○ Acrylic paint (red, black, or dark colour). I recommend picking up a few tester paints for a $1.00 each. You don't actually need much paint as it lasts quite long when thinned properly.
○ Some extra paper (no much, just regular bond paper, nothing special as it is for practice)
• Part 1
○ About Me
○ What You will Learn in this Course
○ History of Gothic Fraktur
○ Fraktur is known by . . .
○ North American Versions of Fraktur
○ What do I bring to Gothic Fraktur
○ Why Fraktur and Brush Calligraphy?
○ Inspiration and Analysis of Fraktur?
○ Lettering Fraktur is an Art Form
○ Getting Started - Thinning the Paint
○ Three Key concepts to Learning Calligraphy and Lettering
○ Letter size considerations
○ Understanding splay
○ Brush basics warm up exercises
○ Pen manipulation exercise
○ Cleaning your brushes
• Part 2
○ Case study - Lettering on glass
○ Case study - Creating layout patterns
○ Architecture of the Gothic Fraktur Letter
○ Using other pens to better understand the Gothic letter architecture
○ Calligraphy paper and inks
○ Using graph paper with your liners?
○ Gothic Calligraphy & Lettering Colours
○ Upper Case Letters - A - M
• Part 3
○ Case Study - Creating a mural
○ Upper Case Letters - N- Z
○ Class assignment details
• Part 4
○ Why flourish or decorate letters?
○ Adding Decoration and Flourishing
○ Lower Case Letters a - m
• Part 5
○ Digital calligraphy
○ Case study - Lettering using oil based paints
○ Lower Case Letters n - z, 0 - 9
• Part 6
○ Special Letter Effects
○ Resources for you after this class
○ Next Steps / Applications of Flat Brush Fraktur
○ Share your Calligraphy with Social Media
Exemplars Designed For Brush Calligraphy
○ 10MM 7X GOTHIC FRAKTUR CAPITALS
○ 10MM 4X GOTHIC FRAKTUR CAPITALS
○ 10MM 7X GOTHIC FRAKTUR LOWERCASE
○ 10MM 5X BLANK LINER
Exemplars Designed for Pilot Parallel Calligraphy Pens
○ 6MM 7X GOTHIC FRAKTUR CAPITALS
○ 6MM 7X GOTHIC FRAKTUR LOWERCASE
○ 6MM 7X GOTHIC FRAKTUR BOLD CAPITALS
○ 6MM 5X BLANK LINER
○ Special Acknowledgement
○ Credits / End Notes - BOOKS
○ Credits / End Notes - IMAGES
○ Contact & Connect with Steve Czajka
○ Interested in setting up a Live Course?
○ Thank You!