It’s worthy; a remake, a refresher on how to apply Textile Metallic Foil to a digitally, heat transferred design with SingleStep™ laser paper. When you add foil, you increase the bling factor, the value of the garment and your profit margin.
First, though, some of the features of SingleStep™:
1. Performs consistently in offering a finished product that looks as if it’s been screen printed.
2. Once it’s been transferred onto white/light color fabric, it leaves no window -- it only transfers the toner.
3. You get vibrant colors and whites whether you use 100% cotton, DriFit/polyester or a 50/50 blend.
4. Available in 8.5” x 11” and 11” x 17”.
*FYI: We used the OKI c831-TS printer to print the image. This printer has been especially designed for garment decoration and it remains one of those that we recommend. And,
*The Swingman 20 is our recommended choice for heat presses. As we always say, get a good one!
Here are the steps to HEAT TRANSFER design with SingleStep™ heat transfer paper:
-Print design in mirror image, so that it will end up being “right reading”.
-Position t-shirt onto heat press bed and add parchment paper on top of shirt.
-Next, heat press the t-shirt for 5-10 seconds with MEDIUM PRESSURE to remove wrinkles and moisture.
-Remove parchment paper and position design on shirt.
-Place parchment paper on top of design.
-With MEDIUM PRESSURE, heat press for 25 seconds at 330° F.
- Carefully, HOT PEEL the transfer by beginning at a corner and rolling the paper back against the grain in one smooth motion.
THIS IS HOW TO OVERLAY TEXTILE METALLIC FOIL ONTO THE DESIGN:
-Crinkle Foil to add texture then flatten it out on top of design.
-Place parchment paper on top of Foil and heat press for 25 seconds at 330° F.
-Remove parchment paper and let t-shirt cool.
-COLD PEEL by just rolling the foil off the shirt.
-Last step is to re-press for 10 seconds to doubly ensure a foil bond.
And, that’s it. The result is a t-shirt with excellent color and spark, added dimension and appeal.
And, with a price point that is much higher than the shirt w/o the bit of glam.
RECAP OF SYSTEMS AND TOOLS:
- SingleStep™ Heat Transfer Paper that offers an extra, digital printing, service stream a screen printing or embroidery shop with little investment.
-Textile Metallic Foil that is available in wide range of colors in a 12” roll that is 200’ long. When you add Foil for a bit of a bling effect that costs just pennies, you dramatically increase the price point of the finished product.
-Swingman 20 Heat Press with digital time, temp and pressure controls – a must-have.
-OKI c831-TS printer. No guessing.
Craftsters and hobbyists can easily work with this affordable paper and equipment in home-based studio environments, as well.