As YouTube's #Dividend #Investing channel, I am thrilled to answer five subscriber #stock market questions about dividends today. We are 25,000 dividend investors strong and I'm celebrating the milestone by answering 25 stock market questions (over the course of several videos). I already answered 7 questions in prior videos, so now I'm onto questions 8-12. Thanks, everyone, for subscribing to my channel and becoming part of the community. PPC Ian is dividend investing for EVERYONE!
Stock Question 1: Am I buying 3M (MMM) stock yet?
* Yes, I am!
* I actually bought some 3M stock today at $173.45.
* With a dividend per quarter of $1.44, my starting dividend yield is ($1.44*4)/$173.45=3.3%.
* Moreover, with the consensus analyst estimate for 2019 EPS at 9.52, the 2019 forward PE for MMM is 18, not bad!
* I think more downside could be around the corner, and I will happily average down.
* I also bought some 3M last week at $179.10.
* At a 2019 PE ratio of 16, I would back up the truck and buy a lot of shares.
Investing Question 2: If I think there is more downside in the stock market, why do I buy now?
Learn all about my dollar cost averaging strategy in today's video. Learn how it's really difficult to pick the market bottom and also how I love immediate cash flow.
Money Question 3: Is dividend investing only for people with kids (or who want to have kids)?
Perhaps the most interesting and philosophical question I have been asked in a while, I really enjoy answering this one. My answer, in a nutshell: No. People are living a lot longer, I believe everyone should leave some sort of legacy, and I'm concerned traditional 4% rule may no longer work (especially in a prolonged bear market).
Finance Question 4: If you know that the market is crashing why don't you pull out and slowly buy back in?
Reversals are FAST!
Dividend Question 5: Did you see CAT is looking at raising their dividend by 20%? Just saw this. Makes me think it might be time to become a holder of the company.
* I am a long term shareholder of Caterpillar (CAT) and share my thoughts on this unique stock in today's investing video!
* It's now trading at $125.30 per share.
* I originally purchased at $86.17 in 2013, experiencing 45% capital appreciation. (And, 4.8% yield on cost.)
* I averaged down in 2015 during the oil crisis, and bought more at $65.14 per share. I'm up 92% on that tranche, with a 6.3% yield on cost.
* This particular stock is really volatile and I like to buy most when things are really bad. That's not right now, so I'm simply reinvesting dividends.
Here's my complete dividend stock portfolio: https://www.youtube.com/wat...
I'm beating the S&P 500 with my conservative dividend investing strategy: https://www.youtube.com/wat...
I'm sharing my stock trades on Twitter. You can find me here (I'm @ianlopuch): https://twitter.com/ianlopuch
My kids own Disney (DIS) stock: https://www.youtube.com/wat...
Is the stock market crash coming? Here's what I think: https://www.youtube.com/wat...
Here are my thoughts on oil stocks: https://www.youtube.com/wat...
DISCLOSURE: I am long 3M (MMM), Apple (AAPL), and Caterpillar (CAT) I own these stocks in my stock portfolio. My kids own Disney (DIS).
DISCLAIMER: All information and data on my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, white papers, Excel files, and other materials is solely for informational purposes. I make no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, suitability or validity of any information. I will not be liable for any errors, omissions, losses, injuries or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. I will not be responsible for the accuracy of material that is linked on this site.
Because the information herein is based on my personal opinion and experience, it should not be considered professional financial investment advice or tax advice. The ideas and strategies that I provide should never be used without first assessing your own personal/financial situation, or without consulting a financial and/or tax professional. My thoughts and opinions may also change from time to time as I acquire more knowledge. These are, as discussed above, solely my thoughts and opinions. I reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason (abusive in nature, contain profanity, etc.). Your continued reading/use of my YouTube Channel, blog, email newsletters, whitepapers, Excel files, and other materials constitutes your agreement with and acceptance of this disclaimer.
COPYRIGHT: All PPC Ian videos, Excel files, guides, and other content are (c) Copyright IJL Productions LLC. PPC Ian is a registered trademark (tm) of IJL Productions LLC.