Lisa Barwick, Director of Business Development at Pierce Mfg, shares the significant changes and enhancements of the Command Zone Multiplex system that was released at FDIC 2015.
The Command Zone Information Center features/improvements include:
• 7” robust industrial, touch-screen, color-graphical display
• Mounting capabilities outside of the cab, allowing the operator to use gloved hands while operating the screen
• Integration of many electrical systems: seat-belt, tire pressure and collision-safety monitoring, along with GPS turn-by-turn mapping
• Diagnostic capabilities: a data logger records, archives and displays all of the vehicle faults, cautions and warnings in easy-to-understand terms
• Prognostic capabilities: the system sends messages and alerts concerning the remaining life of vehicle components such as filters and fluids
• Wireless data communication: acting as its own Wi-Fi network, the truck is capable of connecting up to 5 wireless devices, enabling you to monitor truck health, control lighting, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, as well as diagnose truck conditions