The Revolutionary New Hummingbird Feeder from Perky-Pet®
This horizontal hummingbird feeding tube is turning the Hummingbird Feeder Industry on its side - literally! Our exciting new design has so many great benefits:
1. Feed more hummers at once
2. Flower ports positioned to allow side-by-side feeding
3. Expertly designed to attract more hummers
4. Cutting edge horizontal orientation
We are getting a lot of questions though! People want to know -
1. Don't the hummingbirds get tired? Actually, no! Hummingbirds have poorly developed feet, and are most comfortable in flight.
2. How do you fill the Hummerbar? There is a rubber stopper on the top of the feeder that is removed to fill, and the Hummerbar feeder comes with a small funnel to help get the nectar into the feeder, and not on your floor or lawn.
3. Doesn't the nectar spill out when you're moving the feeder? We recommend that you hang and level the Hummerbar Feeder BEFORE you fill it. If you would rather fill then hang, just be very careful to keep the feeder level. We also recommend only filling half-way, which reduces the chances of nectar spilling out if you cannot keep it level while moving and positioning the Hummerbar.
4. How much can the Hummerbar hold? The recommended fill quantity for the 2 ft Hummerbar is 2 cups of nectar and the recommended fill quantity for the 4 ft Hummerbar is 4 cups.
5. It looks like the Hummingbirds won't be able to reach the nectar as the level goes down - will this really work? Yes, our testing, and this video, show that the feeders work. But, more importantly, we know that hummingbirds have long beaks and tongues that can reach deep into flowers to find nectar. Our feeder is designed to provide a similar experience for the hummingbirds.
The 2 ft. Hummerbar® Feeder with 22 ports is available for purchase here: http://www.birdfeeders.com/...
The 4 ft. Hummerbar® Feeder with 44 ports is available for purchase here: http://www.birdfeeders.com/...