Our providers, nurses and partners are committed to working together to make lives better for our patients and their families. Touching lives invigorates, inspires and drives us to do our very best, and we continuously look for ways to make every life better.
Coming soon, our new Mercyhealth Women’s and Children’s Hospital will feature state-of-the-art technology with a variety of services.
The $485 million regional hospital and medical center campus will be home to a state-of-the-art women’s and children’s hospital, including a Level III (highest level) perinatal center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, Level I (highest level) trauma center, cutting-edge operating suites and specialty physician medical center, serving adult and pediatric patients.
The three wings of the hospital will feature:
- 188 inpatient beds, expanded patient services and will incorporate advanced technology designed to the standards of today and the future
- A state-of-the art women’s and children’s hospital - State-designated regional perinatal center - The highest level neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) - Pediatric and pediatric intensive care (PICU) units - High-risk maternity care - Pediatric emergency services
- Level I (highest level) trauma center
- An adult sub-specialty hospital, including plastic and reconstructive surgery, brain and spine, endocrinology, orthopedics, pulmonology and heart services, and more
- Cutting-edge operating suites and surgical services to support a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgery, including minimally invasive surgery and image-guided surgery
- Comprehensive diagnostic center with lab and imaging
- Multi-disciplinary physician care clinics, serving adult and pediatric patients
Land surveying and site preparation began in early May 2016 and construction is estimated to be complete by January 2019.
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with 5 hospitals and 80 facilities throughout 30 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
Mercyhealth’s 8,000+ employees (who we call partners) are committed to providing the most advanced health care services available. Our partners do this with compassion, dedication, pride and professionalism. We have created a Culture of Excellence at Mercyhealth that truly makes us unique and enhances our vision of providing a “best place to work.” Our culture focuses on employee engagement, empowerment and growth, working together as a team to achieve one common goal: our mission of providing exceptional health care services, resulting in healing in the broadest sense. Our Culture of Excellence has created an atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization.