Try making an alternative recipe for Pancake Day with these vegan crêpes that are gluten free.
Vegan crêpes recipe serves 2-3:
300 ml almond milk (or soya)
20ml sunflower oil, plus extra to grease the pan
1 banana (very ripe), mashed
1 tbsp maple syrup
40ml aquafaba (the liquid from a tin of canned chickpeas)
250g M&S gluten free (plain) flour
Pinch of salt
1. In a food processor, whizz the aquafaba (chickpea liquid), sunflower oil, almond milk, banana and maple syrup until well combined and totally smooth.
2. Stop the food processor to add the flour and salt, then blitz again until completely combined and smooth (you should have a relatively thin/runny batter).
3. Heat up a large, non-stick frying/crepe pan over medium heat. Brush with oil, then pour a good ladleful of crepe batter into the pan. Tilt the pan to move the batter around for a thin, even layer.
4. Leave to cook for 1-2 mins, or until the crepe is golden-brown underneath. Then gently flip the crepe to cook on the other side for another minute (or until golden brown on the other side).
5. Serve the crepes as you cook them – or, if you want to serve all at once, keep cooked pancakes warm in an oven on very low heat.
Top as desired!
From our TV adverts to recipes, inspiration or styling tips discover the M&S YouTube channel and subscribe! http://bit.ly/1Flkeqn