Susan G. Komen® Austin is an Austin-based nonprofit committed to saving lives locally and fighting breast cancer globally. Komen Austin is the only local breast cancer organization attacking the disease on all fronts – education, screening, treatment, follow-up care, survivorship support, advocacy and research. The organization serves the women and men in the city’s five-county area battling breast cancer by removing barriers to care for the uninsured and underinsured. Of the funds raised annually, Komen Austin invests up to 75 percent into local community health care grants and educational initiatives; the remaining 25 percent is invested into global research studies to find the cures for breast cancer.
A promise between two sisters inspired a global movement to end breast cancer forever. The Austin Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® continues to uphold this promise in the community by hosting the 13th Annual Komen Austin Race for the Cure on Sunday, November 13th to raise funds for breast cancer screening, treatment and education programs for Bastrop, Caldwell, Hays, Travis and Williamson counties, as well as research for the cures. Now it's your turn. What will YOU promise? What will you commit to in the fight against breast cancer?