Learn more and pre-order book at https://disasteravoidanceex...
"Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters," written by Dr. Gleb Tsipursky, published by Career Press.
Want to avoid business disasters, whether minor mishaps, such as excessive team conflict, or major calamities like those that threaten bankruptcy or doom a promising career? Fortunately, behavioral economics studies show that such disasters stem from poor decisions due to our faulty mental patterns—what scholars call “cognitive biases”—and are preventable.
Unfortunately, the typical advice for business leaders to “go with their guts” plays into these cognitive biases and leads to disastrous decisions that devastate the bottom line. By combining practical case studies with cutting-edge research, Never Go With Your Gut will help you make the best decisions and prevent these business disasters.
The leading expert on avoiding business disasters, Dr. Gleb Tsipursky, draws on over 20 years of extensive consulting, coaching, and speaking experience to show how pioneering leaders and organizations—many of them his clients—avoid business disasters. Reading this book will enable you to:
- Discover how pioneering leaders and organizations address cognitive biases to avoid disastrous decisions.
- Adapt best practices on avoiding business disasters from these leaders and organizations to your own context.
- Develop processes that empower everyone in your organization to avoid business disasters.
Author bio https://disasteravoidanceex...
“Before you find yourself about to make another gut-based decision that will surely end badly you must take the time to read this book. It will save you from yourself!”
• Leonard A. Schlesinger, PhD, Vice Chairman and COO Emeritus at Limited Brands, Baker Foundation Professor at Harvard Business School, President Emeritus of Babson College, and bestselling author of Just Start
“Many habits of successful business leaders and successful millionaires go against our intuition and instincts, which is why so few become millionaires and why relatively few business leaders make consistently good decisions!”
• William D. Danko, Ph.D., New York Times bestselling author of The Millionaire Next Door and Richer Than A Millionaire, Professor Emeritus at the School of Business of State University of New York at Albany
“This book is a MUST-READ for any decision makers who want to reduce the risk of business failures! Get a copy for everyone in your organization!”
• Lorenzo Delpani, former CEO of Revlon and other companies, Angel Investor and Entrepreneur
“As Tsipursky argues convincingly, countless failed decisions and actions in companies around the world can be traced back to the glib, and ultimately foolish, idea that your gut knows more than your brain.”
• Amy C. Edmondson, Professor at Harvard Business School, bestselling author of The Fearless Organization and Teaming
“This groundbreaking book is badly needed! With cutting-edge research in behavioral economics and cognitive neuroscience, this book provides truly effective decision-making strategies that any business leader who hopes to succeed in the increasingly disrupted world of tomorrow needs to adopt.”
• Marshall Goldsmith, #1 New York Times bestselling author, Triggers, Mojo, and What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
“No one reading this engaging and practical book can walk away believing they are immune to bias; anyone reading this book will now be armed with practical techniques to stop making the same mistakes over and over again.”
• Sydney Finkelstein, PhD, professor of leadership at Dartmouth College, bestselling author of Superbosses and Why Smart Executives Fail, and host of the podcast “The Sydcast”
“As an experienced healthcare CEO, I have seen too many leaders make poor decisions by following their gut reactions. If you want to protect yourself and others in your organization from dangerous judgment errors, make sure to get this groundbreaking book!”
• Randy Oostra, PhD, President and CEO at ProMedica Health System, listed as one of Modern Healthcare 100 Most Influential People in Healthcare and one of Becker’s Healthcare 100 Great Leaders in Healthcare
“This book is Moneyball for management. It will teach you the techniques to help you make better decisions which will lead to a better business!”
• Gordon Tredgold, Professor of Business, Economics and Law at Staffordshire University, bestselling author of Fast, Founder & CEO of Leadership Principles
“This well-written, go-against-the-grain book is full of practical ways to tap into your very best mental resources to make better and better decisions.”
• Brian Tracy, New York Times bestselling author of Eat that Frog! and Million Dollar Habits, along with over 70 other books