Thank you to ConAgra Foods for sponsoring this feast, share your watch party creations using #HomemadeDelicious!
Check out more awesome recipes at http://www.forkful.com
Feast of Fiction introduces our brand new How-To series! Learn how to take your next Sci-Fi viewing party to the NEXT LEVEL with 3 easy recipes that look good and taste even better!
Grilled cheese flying saucers
Cheddar cheese slices
1/2 cup Hunts diced tomatoes
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 cup chopped chives
Salt and pepper to taste
Circle cookie cutters or cups
1. To make guacamole, add avocados, lemon juice, chives, and diced tomatoes to a bowl, and mash avocados with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cut larger circles out of the bread using a cookie cutter or cup. Cut slightly small circles out of the cheese slices.
Heat a pan to medium-low and coat with PAM. Grill bread slices on one side, flip, and add cheese. Cover pan and allow cheese to melt.
Add a small scoop of guacamole to center of grilled cheese and shape into a dome.
UV Glowing Candy (yields approximately 25-30 candy pieces)
1 1/4 cup sugar
150 ml cup water
2 vitamin B2 capsules
Food coloring (optional)
Candy flavoring (optional)
1. Dissolve Vitamin B2 capsule contents in 150 ml (a little over 1/2 cup) of water
2. Add B2 water and sugar to a pot and bring to 300 degrees F using a candy thermometer.
3. Coat candy molds with PAM
4. Once candy reaches 300 degrees F, add food coloring and flavor, remove from heat, and pour into candy molds.
5. Place in the freezer to harden.
Alien Crackers and Bean Dip
1 cup flour
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. Salt
1 can Rosarita black beans (drained)
1 can Rosarita refried beans
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. chipotle chile powder
1. To make the crackers: In a food processor, pulse the flour, salt, cheese and butter for about until it's crumbly. You can also do this by hand and work the butter in until the dry ingredients are crumbly.
2. Add the water a little at a time until a soft dough gathers up in the bowl. You may not need all of the water.
3. Flour a surface and roll the dough out very thin. Cut into alien shapes, and poke holes for the eyes and mouth, stretching the holes to achieve the desired eye shape. Evenly coat a baking sheet with PAM and place the crackers on the sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-10 minutes depending on how thin the crackers are.
4. To make the bean dip: In a food processor, purée all ingredients.
Produced by Abbe Drake
Costumes designed by Abbe Drake http://www.youtube.com/abbe...
Check out more Tastemade content at:http://www.youtube.com/tast...
Send us things!
Feast of Fiction
PO Box 862272
Los Angeles, CA 90086
Download the Soundtrack:http://jimmywong.bandcamp.c...