In 1991, Rev. Hicks recorded a special seminar to introduce new members to the spiritual teachings and beliefs of Christ Gospel Churches International. We're releasing selections on our YouTube page in order to make it available for a new generation of young people and new members.
In Part 1, Rev. Hicks reveals that the Old Testament Tabernacle is a blueprint for spiritual growth in Jesus Christ. Hebrews 9:11 states that Jesus is the more perfect tabernacle. Rev. Hicks also shows to us how the Old Testament Tabernacle was laid out in the form of a cross, and each piece of furniture represents a key aspect of growth in Jesus.
- The Brazen Altar represents salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ.
- The Laver represents water baptism.
- The Golden Altar represents prayer.
- The Candlestick represents the light of God's Word.
- The Table of Shewbread represents your obedience to God's laws; in other words, this means putting Christian beliefs into day-to-day practice by using the strength that Christ gives us.
- The Ark of the Covenant is a symbol for letting God guide your lives, rather than being driven by carnal desires. We all strive for a greater spiritual union with the Lord.
Be sure to watch this exciting video to learn more about Christ Gospel Church and how Rev. Hicks' teachings powerfully connect the Old Testament and the New Testament in a truly unique way.
If you'd like to learn more about the Old Testament Tabernacle and how it reveals growth in Jesus Christ, you can read more in the book "Precious Gem in the Tabernacle."