[The 29th of February in his hometown Epe, dr. Henk Vreekamp died in an car-accident at the age of 72. 13 days after this lecture]
* Explanation names:
- Friedrich-Wilhelm Marquardt (1928 – 2002) was professor of systematic theology at the Free University of Berlin. He was one of the most influential pioneers of the renewal of Jewish-Christian relations in Germany.
- Arnold Albert van Ruler (December 10, 1908, Apeldoorn - December 15, 1970, Utrecht) was a Dutch theologian. Initially he was a pastor, from 1947 he was professor at the University of Utrecht. He was connected to the Netherlands Reformed Church.
- Johannes Martinus (Hans) Hasselaar (Amsterdam, May 13, 1917 – Utrecht, October 20, 1992) was from 1971 professor of systematic theology at the University of Utrecht, on behalf of the Netherlands Reformed Church.
- Hermann Friedrich Kohlbrugge, or Kohlbrügge (August 15, 1803, Amsterdam - March 5, 1875, Elberfeld) was a Dutch (German father) theologian, who strongly emphasized the Calvinist doctrine of grace, and the unity of the Old and the New Testaments.
- Pieter Oussoren is a Dutch pastor and translator, in particular of the Bible. His Bible translation became known under the name Naarden Bible. It is characterized by its attempt to follow as closely as possible the original Hebrew and the Greek.
- Avraham Yehoshua Heschel (Warsaw, January 11th, 1907 – New York, December 23rd, 1972) was a rabbi and professor of Jewish ethics and mysticism at the Jewish Theological Seminary.
- Martin Buber (Vienna, February 8th, 1878 – Jerusalem, June 13th, 1965) was a Jewish philosopher. Together with Franz Rosenzweig, he translated (“Germanized”) the Hebrew Bible in German.
Very welcome at the lectures of the Israelcourse spring 2016.
You an find all the information about the Israelcourse at http://israelcursus.nl
(only in Dutch)
dr. Henk Vreekamp: the Tabernacle and the nations.
Dr. Henk Vreekamp follows up the Bible-study of rabbi Evers. What can Christians learn about it?
Overview of the lectures of the Israelcourse spring 2016:
Rabbijn Raphael Evers – the Tabernacle in Judaism, in the past and present
Dr. Henk Vreekamp – the Tabernacle and the nations
Prof. Emile Schrijver – The Art of Jewish book
Pauline Leenman – A stubborn people – how the Jewish nation stayed a nation during 1900 years of diaspora.
Ds. Gerard Krol – The Kingdom and the church
Prof. dr. Elbert Dijkgraaf – From support to cooperation: Israël has a lot to offer
Prof. dr. Willem J. Ouweneel – Israël and the hope of Gods Kingdom
Ds. Willem J.J. Glashouwer – What will Matthew 24 tell us in 2016?
Rabbijn Chaim Eisen – Isaiah 11-12: God’s Salvation — and Its Songs
Koen Carlier – 20 years Bring the Jews Home
André Diepenbroek – The who, what, where and why of the Israel boycott
Ds. Henk Poot – There is more than you read