With drones more popular than ever, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority is encouraging first-time users—especially children— that ‘Rules apply when you fly’ and to ‘Fly responsibly’.
While drones provide hours of endless and innovative flying fun, understanding CASA’s drone safety rules is essential before taking off for the first time. CASA is leading the way in drone safety education by developing a new drone safety animation promoting the safety rules and guidelines so that drone users from eight to 80 can easily understand.
The animation promotes the basic do’s and don’ts of drone flying:
• Always keep your RPAS within your eyesight
• Don’t fly your drone higher than 120 metres
• Keep away at least 30 metres from people
• Don’t fly in built up areas
• Don’t fly at night, in fog or cloud
• Don’t fly within 5.5km of an airport
• Respect people’s privacy