Caltech's Konstantin Batygin, an assistant professor of planetary science, and Mike Brown, the Richard and Barbara Rosenberg Professor of Planetary Astronomy, discuss new research that provides evidence of a giant planet tracing a bizarre, highly elongated orbit in the outer solar system.
Read the Caltech News Story: http://www.caltech.edu/news...
Learn more about:
- Konstantin Batygin's research: http://web.gps.caltech.edu/...
- Mike Brown's research: http://web.gps.caltech.edu/...
- Artist's concept and animation: Robert Hurt (Caltech/IPAC) & WorldWide Telescope
- Images: NASA, Keck Observatory, Cerro Tolo Observatory
- Motion graphics & editing: Caltech Academic Media Technologies
Produced in partnership with Caltech Academic Media Technologies and the Office of Strategic Communications. ©2016 California Institute of Technology