In this video, I show you how to make tasty homemade buttermilk pancakes! This pancake recipe will be your new favorite breakfast to cook on the Blaze Griddle! This is super easy to put together, you might never go back to boxed pancake batter!
Blaze Griddles Available here: http://www.bbqguys.com/cate...
Printable Recipes here: http://www.bbqguys.com/cont...
Servings: 8 Each (5 inch pancakes)
All Purpose Flour 1 ¼ Cups
Coarse Salt ½ tsp or (¼ tsp of table salt)
Baking Soda ½ tsp
Baking Powder 2 tsp
Granulated Sugar 2 TB
Buttermilk 1 ½ Cups
Butter, Melted & Cooled 2 TB
Vanilla Extract 1 ½ tsp
Egg yolks 2 Each
Egg Whites (Whipped, optional) 2 Each
Honey 2 TB
- Begin by adding the all purpose flour to a large mixing bowl.
- To the flour, add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and granulated sugar, then whisk to evenly blend.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, egg yolks, and honey. Pour into the dry ingredients and whisk until just barely blended together (don't overwork the batter).
- For the lightest and fluffiest pancakes possible, separately whip the egg whites until they are thick and airy and lightly fold them into the batter.
- Preheat your griddle or a large cast iron skillet, melt a little butter on the surface to prevent sticking and pour out about ¾ cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook until the edges begin to dry slightly and the center has plenty of popped air bubbles, then turn each pancake to the second side and allow them to brown.
- While the second side browns, I like to place a pat of butter on top of each pancake. This helps minimize moisture loss and tastes really good.
- When the second side has browned nicely, remove the pancakes and serve immediately.
Filmed/Produced by: Paris Frederick