The honourable imperial ‚Hofburgtheater‘ (today called Burgtheater) on Vienna’s Ring avenue was ceremoniously opened on October 14, 1888. A look behind the scenes gives insight into the opulent furnishing, common at the time of historicism. The architects were inspired by building styles of long-gone eras. Looking into the interior of the “Burg” – as it is affectionately called by the Viennese – opens up the mysterious world of theatre. From the stage to the cloakrooms, from the winding corridors to the imposing settings in the backdrop. Over the grand staircase to the audience area – a wonderful and exclusive tour through one of Vienna’s most beautiful sights!