Randy Lee and Scott Folk of Apex Tactical Specialties introduce the new Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit and explain the concept behind its design.
Designed to work in any Smith & Wesson M&P model pistol in a centerfire caliber, the Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit reduces trigger pre-travel and over-travel, while allowing the shooter to position their finger at an increased leverage point lower on the trigger face to take advantage of lower trigger pull weights.
– Lowers trigger weight between 4.0 and 5.0 lbs
– Smooth uptake and reset
– Total trigger travel similar to most factory 1911 type pistols
– Center mounted pivoting safety maintains factory safety values
– Works with all Smith & Wesson M&P pistols in centerfire calibers (excluding the Shield)
– Easy to install
– Requires use of sear housing block designed for large size sear plunger and spring (current production as of June 2011)
– Apex Part #: 100-054