Finally! My long Camilla Costume Progress video is done! This was a beast of a costume to make!
Character: Camilla from Fire Emblem Fates & Heroes
Costume/prop made by: Yaya Han
Time spent: 250+ hours (spread over months)
Notable tools used:
BERNINA B580 sewing machine
Dremel 3000 Tool
DeWalt Heat gun
Notable materials used:
Black Ultrapreme fabric and gold metallic 4-way stretch fabric from the Yaya Han Line, available at Jo-Ann Fabrics
EVA Foam (various sources)
Flexbond Primer from www.cosplayshop.be
Worbla Thermoplastic from yayahan.bigcartel.com
Luthien wig from www.arda-wigs.com
3M Spray Adhesive
I tried to group the techniques used into 2 parts - Crafting, and Sewing, for the sake of the video. This is not a chronological video based on a timeline, because I worked on all the pieces in random order, and really took my time with this costume, as a true pleasure project.You might notice that my nail color changes rapidly between shots, LOL.
One of the reasons Camilla took so long to complete is because I used a new technique - gluing/sewing fabric over foam to create full armor. There is a mini tutorial at 3:50min in this video. I love the durability and comfort level of armor made with this technique, but beware that it is a slow process.
The Making Of for the Axe is next!
Joseph Chi Lin
~ ** Keep up with me ** ~http://www.yayahan.comhttp://www.facebook.com/yay...https://twitter.com/YayaHanhttp://instagram.com/YayaHan
Music tracks by Vibe Tracks, courtesy of the free Youtube Audio Library