I love that I can call this a mini cookie pie instead of a massive cookie. It sounds more delicate? :)
Most of the ingredients are measured by weight (even the liquids!) and I've switched to the metric system because grams are more accurate for these tiny batches. The tiny amounts like salt, baking powder, etc are measured with measuring spoons because it would be tough to measure 1.2 grams or 0.6 grams of anything!
MINI PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIE
35 g white sugar
15 g mild-tasting vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
10 g soy or other vegan milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
40 g creamy peanut butter
40 g all purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking powder
50 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the toaster oven or regular oven to 325 degrees F (160 C) and spray a 4 inch tart or pie dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl or large mug, whisk together the sugar, oil, milk, vanilla, and peanut butter. Whisk well until smooth and creamy.
3. Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips. You should end up with a firm but sticky cookie dough. If your dough is too hard and crumbly you can add a splash of milk.
4. Press the cookie dough into the prepared pie dish and smooth out the top. You can add a few extra chocolate chips if you want to decorate the top!
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the top of the cookie pie is dry. This is for a cookie pie with a soft, almost cookie-dough like center. I like mine squidgy! If you want a more firm cookie pie bake it for two or three extra minutes.
6. Let it cool down to room temperature before cutting into it or it will fall apart! :(
. Throw in more chocolate chips if you want! I like LOTS of chocolate chips, but Mr. Wing-It likes a more "normal" amount, so I compromise with something in between.
. This makes a fairly sweet cookie pie. I prefer it with only 30 grams of sugar but I know that most taste buds will prefer the sweeter version. If you also like your treats slightly less sweet than normal, try using only 30 grams of sugar.
. Throw in some chopped peanuts if you want!
. My mini tart pan is from a set of six Wilton 4 inch tart pans from Joann. This is an affiliate link to the tart pans: https://goo.gl/2Ebc5g