WELLWVU office Dancing to "Happy" by Pharrell Williams at West Virginia University. We do not own the right to this song.
Change your lens and be grateful. Your brain is 31% more productive on positive.
Here are a few ways to improve your mood.
1. Exercise- Your mood can improve in as little as 5 minutes after exercise and last up to 48 hours.
2. Improve Sleep Habits- Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep a day.
3. Spend time with close friends and family.
4. Get outside- spending at least 20 minutes a day out doors can boost your mood and improve your memory.
5. Volunteering- Performing an act of kindness improves happiness and enhances overall wellbeing.
6. Laugh out loud- Laughing releases endorphins. Even anticipating a humorous event can create a happy feeling.
7. Go on a trip- Even if you only go across town to visit a part you are unfamiliar with.
8. Meditation-Meditational reflection clears your mind, calms you down, and improves your mood.
9. Practice Gratitude- Create a Gratitude Jar and put pieces of paper with things you are grateful for into it. Read them all at the end of each month.
10. Own yourself-Accept yourself for who you are.
Filmed and Produced: Clayton Allison
Editing and Production: David Switay