East of Indio, CA, along the I-10 freeway that connects Arizona and California, there is a highway construction project that uses 121 TL-3 SLED Attenuators to provide safe end treatments for the concrete barriers. These SLED end treatment attenuators protect the lives of motorists 24 hours a day.
The SLED (Sentry Longitudinal Energy Dissipater) End Treatment is a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) water filled crash cushion designed to shield the end of permanent and portable barriers including concrete, steel, and plastic. The SLED End Treatment modules are designed for uni- and bi-directional traffic applications where a gating device is acceptable to the road authority.
· MASH Tested, Passed, and Eligible as a TL-3 End Treatment
· NCHRP 350 TL-2 & TL-3 Accepted For Concrete, Steel and Water Filled Barriers
· Quick and Easy Set-Up, No Foundation Anchoring, Less Installation Exposure Time
· Cost Effective End Treatment for Concrete, Steel or Water Filled Barriers
· Universal Transition Quickly Attaches to a Variety of Barrier Shapes and Sizes
· SLED's Stout Design Eliminates Vaulting
· 4 Internal Cables Eliminate the Need For External Steel
· Narrow Footprint is Ideal For Work Zones
· Shortest Length TL-3 Water Filled Crash Cushion, Fewer Incidental Impacts
· Containment SLED Minimizes Debris Field
· Visual "Drive By" Fill Indicators Quickly Verify Each Module is Full of Water
· Can be Safely Used in Uni- and Bi- Directional Applications
· Internal Steel Cables Allow Limited Gating, Providing for a Safer Work Zone
For more information: https://www.traffixdevices....
Subscribe to see all of our latest videos!
Follow TrafFix Devices