This case study showcases the installation of a rack-supported, multi-tier picking structure for ILG Ltd in East Grinstead, UK.
This project went on to win the 2017, UKWA - Technical Innovation award. Case Study: http://ow.ly/NuNL30cbvfi
Our warehouse fit-out has provided ILG Ltd with over 2,300 pick locations, and is now setup to accommodate true demand based storage, meaning ILG are now able to retrieve products from anywhere throughout the facility.
IT & Operations Director, Tom Ashley commented that ""SEC have developed a good understanding of our business and our requirements as we grow and expand. They offer valuable advice and delivered this throughout our largest project yet, in the tight timescales we were working with."
View the full case study feature here - http://ow.ly/NuNL30cbvfi
Looking for a warehouse storage solution? Get in touch below:http://www.sec-storage.co.uk
| 01438 731990 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We also offer commercial interior fit-out services. Find out more at http://www.sec-interiors.co.uk
About the project:
• In order to meet the needs of a growing fashion fulfilment division and the demand to process e-commerce orders for next day delivery ILG needed a storage solution that would maximise capacity whilst optimising the overall workflow of their pick, pack and despatch operations.
• Following an extensive warehouse appraisal and feasibility study SEC found that the best solution for ILG would be to install a rack-supported, multi-tier picking structure, maximising the cubic capacity of the new warehouse.
• Standard bulk pallet racking would create the foundation of the structure adding over a 1,000 pick locations on the ground floor and raised access walkways were then installed and supported by the racking below.
• A mixture of shelving systems were then installed throughout each floor of the structure adding an additional 1,300 pick positions. In order to transfer products throughout the structure SEC installed roller conveyor systems on each floor feeding into a dedicated spiral gravity chute and then down to the pick and pack station based on the ground floor.
• As with all multi-tier structures a 60 minute fire rating was needed in order to comply with strict building regulations. This was achieved by installing a steel exposed, white faced suspended ceiling underneath the mezzanine floor along with the creation of a dedicated stairway enclosure with access points to each floor.
• The new facility is now setup to accommodate true demand based storage, meaning ILG are now able to retrieve products from anywhere throughout the warehouse. This intelligent solution from SEC will help ILG to continue providing their ever-expanding, award winning services to clients for many years to come.
Check out some of our other SEC Storage projects and solutions here: http://ow.ly/N89b5