Reading Partners is a national education nonprofit organization that works with Title I elementary schools to support students who are reading six months to two-and-a-half years below grade-level. Reading Partners recruits and trains community volunteers to deliver a highly effective, research-validated curriculum that has helped thousands of children master the fundamental reading skills they need to succeed in school and beyond.
In the 2012-13 school year:
• Reading Partners' volunteer tutors gave over 166,000 hours of community service to support our students nationwide.
• 88% of our students accelerated their rate of learning.
• 72% finished the year closer to their target grade level, bringing them closer to their on-grade-level peers.
• 78% of students who began the year with low self-confidence demonstrated
increased confidence by year's end.
• 92% of principals noted school-wide progress in reading.