3 years ago
The Wired article was released this morning, detailing how two 'hackers' discovered and manipulated a vulnerability in some Uconnect systems allowing them to wirelessly take over the vehicle. Needless to say this ain't good and Chrysler released a patch that fixes this er, technicality.
We show you how to install this patch.
So your Uconnect might get hacked? Follow these instructions to update your system with the latest Chrysler Security Patch!
1. Write down your VIN. I use my insurance card since Progressive prints it right on the card.
2. You’ll need a USB flash drive (Chrysler recommends at least 4gb).
3. Get to a computer (mobile will not work well for downloading the patch onto a USB Stick).
4. Go to www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/
5. Follow the instructional tutorial on their site. In case their internal process is updated I’m not going to transcribe it here. The site is straightforward and step-by-step. When you complete their online process you’ll have a software update in the form of a .iso on your USB flash drive. Now you’re ready to update your vehicle’s Uconnect!
6. Get in the vehicle and close the doors.
7. Unplug any USB, SD Cards, Chargers, Phones, Etc from any ports.
8. Put the vehicle in ‘Run’ mode. Key starters turn to Run mode (this is the setting just before turning the engine over and starting). Push button starters simply press the button twice with your foot off the gas.
9. Insert the USB Flash Drive into a USB port.
10. If done correctly the system will automatically identify the software update and request confirmation to update the software. If everything looks OK, confirm the update!
11. Now the Uconnect will update. During this update its important to not touch any buttons, the brake, open the doors, roll the windows up or down - just sit there. Might take 15 minutes or so..
12. When the system finally boots up again, it should display the current system version (looks like 15.17.5). If this is the case - congrats you’ve updated your Uconnect!
13. Remove the USB stick.
14. Turn the vehicle OFF
15. Open the driver door and close it.
16. Wait 60 seconds.
17. Turn the vehicle ON and then OFF.
18. Open the driver door and close it again.
19. Wait 60 seconds.
20. Your vehicle is now fully updated and protected from the wireless hacking vulnerability!
Visit: http://www.driveuconnect.co...... with your VIN and at least a 4gb flash drive to get the process started!
Visit: www.parkchryslerjeep.com for all your Jeep (and Chrysler) needs.
Subscribe for more lifesaving videos from the YouTube Team at Park Chrysler Jeep : )