Everyone loves a time-lapse video! Check out the Palais Theatre's Stage 1 refurbishment.
Palais Theatre phase 1 works have been completed. These works were undertaken and funded by the State Government of Victoria and the City of Port Phillip;
- Restoration of the entire exterior of the building - as much as practical, returning it to its original state
- Repair of external windows and facades
- Structural repairs
- Upgrade of electrical system
- Upgrade of lighting system
- Repair and upgrade Palais Theatre Sign
- Upgrade fire system
- Installation of additional safe access walkways
Phase Two Works
The works currently being undertaken are funded by Live Nation Australia Venues are as follows;
- Restoration of the historic ceiling domes inside the Auditorium
- Installation of reduced mode curtains to close off the dress circle
- Refurbish the front foyer
- Installation of a lift
- Improve mobility impaired facilities such as toilet access, general movement, seating and ticket windows.
- Refurbishment of the performers dressings rooms
- New administration offices
- Installation of a new central beverage outlet on the 1st level foyer
- Installation of a glass enclosed balcony on 1st level - Winter Garden
- Upgrade of food, beverage , cloak room and merchandise outlets.
The above works will go a long way to restoring the Venue to its original state and with a 30 year management contract in place for the Palais Theatre, Live Nation Australia Venues are committed to ongoing investment in this wonderful Venue.
The Venue reopened on Thursday May 18, 2017 for the St Kilda Film Festival Opening Night and works will continue around the event schedule through to September 2017.
More Information www.palaistheatre.com.au