The finest spinning reel to join the PENN catalog since the SSV.
New for 2016, our first spinning reel with CNC machined gears, and the lightest weight spinning reel we’ve ever produced, a technical reel designed for shallow water fun with artificials or live bait. Anglers, meet CLASH.
• Clash features a precision aluminum/brass main gear and brass pinion machined using computer-controlled CNC gear technology for exact tolerances to provide the smoothest operation.
• A full-metal aluminum body and sideplate, and eight-plus-one sealed ball bearings add to the reel’s durability.
• The Techno-Balanced™ RR30 carbon rotor on the smaller reels, aluminum on the bigger sizes, with the heavy-duty aluminum bail is built for a long life.
• The new Leveline™ slow oscillation system is rugged and produces tight, near-perfect line lay for improved casting and reduced occurrences of wind knots.
• The sealed HT-100 drag system is protected from corrosion and smoothly manages the fight from hook set to landing.
Prices range from $179.99 to $259.99 MSRP. Starts shipping this October.