With a few designer tips and tricks, a small space can be just as stylish and functional as one with far more square footage.
Here are 5 small space solutions that will help your petite space feel palatial.
1. Choose a limited color palette that's repeated throughout the entire space to create a cohesive look. A monochromatic color scheme (a color palette that features tints and shades of the same base color) will help the eye view the room without interruption and create the illusion of a larger space.
2. Light up dark corners to brighten the room and create the illusion of extra space. Uplights or floor lamps, http://www.lampsplus.com/fl...
, will get the job done quickly and inexpensively.
With so many types of floor lamps available, how do you know which one to buy? Well, we have a video for that, http://www.youtube.com/watc...
3. While pushing your furniture against all four walls might seem like the logical way to arrange your furniture in a small space, you may want to consider other options. "floating" a piece of furniture (like the sofa or accent chairs) away from the walls may help your room feel more grandiose.
4. A tried and true small space solution, mirrors can visually expand your space to nearly double the size. Place a mirror opposite a window for maximum impact -- it will reflect light and create the illusion of an additional window in the room. Shop decorative mirrors and more on Lamps Plus, http://www.lampsplus.com/mi...
5. For the fifth tip watch the video.
Any one of these small space solutions will instantly help your space feel larger. Try implementing as many as possible for maximum design impact!
If you enjoyed this video, please like it and share it with your family and friends.