Title: 1. Mateo & Matos feat. Shauna "Tension" 2. Overtown feat. Shauna "Satisfaction" (Oscar's Long ass Mix) 3. MOOD II SWING "Got To Have It"
※Taken From VA / Mix The Vibe: Terrence Parker - Deeep Detroit Heat (Continuous Mix)
Artist: Various Artists
Title: Mix The Vibe: Tony Humphries
Release Date: May 11, 2015
Catalog #: KSD 293
Label: King Street Classics
1. Various Artists / Mix The Vibe: Tony Humphries (Continuous Mix)
2. Mateo & Matos feat. Shauna / Tension
3. Overtown feat. Shauna / Satisfaction (Oscar's Long ass Mix)
4. MOOD II SWING / Got To Have It
5. Reggie Hall / Privately (Vocal Smack Mix)
6. Blaze feat. Sabrynaah Poppe / It Works For Me (Blaze on King Street Club)
7. LY / Back to Zanzibar (King Street Mix)
8. Kimara Lovelace / Only You (DT's Groove Jet Mix)
9. Urban Soul / Until We Meet Again (Deep Zone Urban Club Mix)
10. Carolyn Harding / Pick It Up (Roger S Anthem)
11. Big Moses feat. Kenny Bobien / Brighter Days (Original)
12. Brooklyn Friends / Philadelphia (Out Of State Mix)
13. Mentalinstrum feat. Giant Storm / Trust Yourself (280 West Club Mix)
14. Kerri Chandler / Hallelujah (Roy's Unreleased Gospel Mix)
15. Urban Soul feat. Sandy B / Back Together (Hiroshi's Nite System Dub)
Five years ago, a DJ Changed my life. That DJ was Tony Humphries. On a Sweltering Saturday night in July, I trekked across the water to Club Zanzibar situated in a rough section of Newark, New Jersey. Somewhere in the early hours of Sunday mooring, Tony appeared in the DJ booth perched high above the dance floor jammed with sweaty, cavorting bodies. Observing him from the corner of the booth, I watched him nonchalantly dip into his crate of while labels, acetates and reels, carefully position his lollipop headphone on his left ear and then commence to conduct a majestic turntable orchestra which lasted until the sun came up. The way that he kept the crowd's energy at full throttle throughout his set, mixing back and forth with a surgeon's precision between soulful, often gospel-influenced vocal records to ebullient sample tracks, is forever etched in my memory.
--- While other DJs might have a style, Tony Humphries has a sound. Working in a medium where stars and trends come and go, he's been house music's Rock of Gibraltar for two decades, sticking close to his R&B roots and never wavering from his firm musical stance. While Tony's remixed tracks for club icons like Donna Summer, Adeva and Ultra Naté in his day, his real love is his work behind the decks. Regarded as one of the world's best DJs for his ability to turn out any crowd, he's traveled the four corners of the globe on a mission championing the Jersey sound crafted by the likes of Kerri "Kaoz 6:23" Chandler, Blaze, Smack Productions, LY, and Sabrynaah Pope - all artists who've recorded for one of dance music's most consistent imprints, King Street Sounds. He's even found kindred spirits like Mood II Swing, Phillip Damien and David Morales from the neighboring Big Apple, whose talents have also found their way into this blossoming four-year-old label and its sub-label, Nite Grooves.
--- Embracing an ethic which exudes peace, love and spirituality, there's a plague on the wall in Tony's home presented to him by Swiss producer D'Jammin. It has a telling inscription: "Believe in God and love, follow your heart and nothing is impossible." Words we should all live by.
Available at Traxsource, Beatport and iTunes