Ramarley Graham was only 18 years old when NYPD officers unlawfully busted into his home and killed him - in front of his grandmother and 6 year old brother. 12+ NYPD officers engaged in misconduct every step of the way, including:
- Unlawfully busting into Ramarley's home - without a warrant and without cause;
- Killing Ramarley without cause;
- Threatening and abusing Ramarley's family members after he was killed;
- Lying and releasing false statements about the incident, and engaging in activities that suggest a broad cover-up.
It's been more than four and a half years and none of the 12+ officers have been fired. There has been no meaningful or timely discipline, and the identities of most of the involved officers have not been released. Officer Richard Haste, who shot Ramarley and threatened his grandmother, has received close to $31,000 in NYPD pay increases since killing Ramarley.
Ramarley's parents and the organizations and individuals supporting them are demanding that Mayor de Blasio and Commissioner O'Neill:
- Publicly identify and fully investigate all officers who were involved in the killing of Ramarley, unlawful entry of Ramarley's home, and other misconduct following the incident.
- #FireNYPD responsible for killing Ramarley, threatening and abusing his family, engaging in lies and cover-up activities, and related misconduct.