An easy how to guide on how to use Facebook's Insights
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more videos:https://www.youtube.com/Jum...
For Crossmedia news Like our Facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/jum...
and Follow us on Twitter:http://twitter.com/jumpwire...
Facebook Insight is a powerful analytics tool for you to analyze and better understand your Facebook Page. Use it to understand who your target audience is and what content works best.
To access your Facebook Insights:
1. Go to a Facebook Page you manage.
2. In the admin Panel, click on the graph entitled 'Insights'
3. Facebook Insights is broken down into 5 tabs, Overview, Likes, Reach, Talking About
This, & Check-ins. For our purposes, we will focus on the 'Overview' and 'Likes' Tabs
4. Above the graph is a summation of your pages metrics, Total Likes, Friends of Fans (otherwise known as reach), People Talking About This, and Weekly Reach. These The green and red arrows along side these numbers indicate whether they are trending up or down.
5. Below is a graph plotting your People Talking About This with your reach to see the trend. The more viral content you have the graph will be trending upwards.
6. At the bottom of the page is a listing of all the posts made on the page. This can be used to determine what content is working best with your fans. We use People Talking About This as a way to rank the engagement on a post. To sort by Talking about this, click on 'Talking About This'
7. Likes gives a demographic breakdown of your page's fans by Age, Gender, geography and language. Below you will see Where your likes came from, including new likes by day and their source.
8. You can change the timeframe on the Facebook page by clicking the drop down menu in the top left hand corner, but Facebook only stores data for the past 89 days.
9. One thing to note, there is a 72 hour delay on Facebook data, so leave a buffer of 3 days if you plan on doing weekly reporting.