This classic French recipe just got a whole lot easier with the help of your trusty slow cooker. Make this boeuf bourguignon for your next dinner party!
MORE FROM SEASONED:
Coq au Vin: http://bit.ly/2mvdqWr
Niçoise Salad: http://bit.ly/2LkRVG3
8 chopped slices of bacon
2 pounds of timed beef chuck roast, cut into 1” squares
6 carrots cut into 1” pieces
1 peeled and julienne yellow onion
6 cloves of finely minced garlic
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
2 cups of red wine, pinot noir or Côte de Rhône
3 cups of beef stock
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
6 to 8 sprigs each of fresh parsley and thyme + 2 tablespoons finely minced
1 ounce of unsalted butter
4 cups of sliced button mushrooms
2 cups of peeled pearl onions
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Cooked pappardelle pasta and sliced sourdough bread for serving
1. Preheat the slow cooker to sear/hi.
2. Add the bacon to the slow cooker and cook until browned and crisp. Set aside.
3. Add the beef into the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown on all sides.
4. Remove the beef and add the carrots, onions, and garlic to the slow cooker and cook until lightly browned, about 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Next, add the beef back in and sprinkle in the flour. Mix until combined.
6. Add the red wine, beef stock, tomato paste, crispy cooked bacon, and parsley and thyme sprigs into the slow cooker and change the setting to slow cook/high for 2 hours.
7. With 30 minutes left in the cooking process add a large saute pan to a burner over high heat.
8. Add the butter to the pan and once melted add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions in and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
9. Once browned, pour the contents from the pan into the slow cooker and mix in
10. Serve the boeuf bourguignon with the cooked pappardelle pasta, sliced sourdough, and chopped herbs.