The world is heating up so fast, we can’t feel it - we’ve air conditioned our survival instincts, lost our moral compass. With the top five oil companies pulling in over 900 billion US dollars in profits from 2001 to 2010, and demand for renewables increasing, the percentage which fossil fuel companies spend on renewables keeps shrinking – by 2011, most of the major corporations were spending less than 1 percent of their overall expenditures on alternative energy. Is Europe leading, or following America on climate action, fossil fuels, renewable energy? Is "the land of the free" a market of delusion when it comes to oil and gas? Is energy, the greatest market failure the world has ever seen?
Get all the details about this story athttp://euranetplus-inside.e...
Interviewees and featured guests:
- Dr Mihai Paun, VP, Romanian Energy Center
- Bas Kriumer, Accenture Smart Grid Services
- Brook Riley, Friends of the Earth, Europe
- Sajjad Karim, MEP, European Conservatives, ECR
- Bas Eickhout, MEP, Greens, Greens/EFA
- Claude Turmes, MEP, Greens, Greens/EFA
-Brian Maguire, Euranet Plus News Agency
Get more videos of our "EU Files" series at
Subscribe to our channel at