If you're looking for a simple way to impress your guests at your next get-together, offer a selection of specialty cheeses and wine! It's easy to do with just a few quick tips...
• With cheese plates, less is more. Stick to 3-5 cheeses that offer some variation in taste, appearance and texture. For example, combine a creamy brie with a full-bodied aged Cheddar and a nice, earthy blue.
• You'll also want to move from mild to strong. On this tray, you'd go from the light and tangy goat cheese to the mild, buttery Gouda and finish with the Sharp Provolone.
• Dress up your presentation by using a wooden cutting board or a pretty plate, scatter a few berries and nuts to add some color and lay out some bread or crackers.
• Of course you'll want to serve wine or beer too! In general, stronger-flavored cheeses pair well with medium-bodied reds. Soft, young cheeses go with crisp whites and buttery, creamy cheeses shine with sparkling wines.
• Finish it all off with some cute index cards or labels so your guests know what they're eating...and you're ready to kick back and enjoy your time at the party!