Today I am showing you how to make a Candyland Gingerbread Castle Cake. This Gingerbread house idea comes from combining two of my super popular cake tutorial- Candyland cake, and my, pink chocolate gingerbread house! Sign up for our NEWSLETTER here: http://madmimi.com/signups/...
Order my COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandca...
CHRISTMAS IDEAS: https://goo.gl/RxXf1R
RAINBOW CAKE RECIPES: https://goo.gl/aiHQuf
JELLO RECIPES: https://goo.gl/NbNeeZ
FOOD IMPOSTER RECIPES: https://goo.gl/QG3TUf
HOMEMADE CAKES: https://goo.gl/WO3gwS
BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandca...
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandca...
Candyland Gingerbread Castle Cake
Ingredients and Materials:
• Gingerbread (https://youtu.be/kCduKbOlHKI
) •4 x 6"x6" •4 x 3"x3" •Cupcake shaped door
• prepared cake 5.5"x 5.5" cake
• prepared cake 2.5"x 2.5" cake
• Fondant (red, pink, blue, purple, orange, yellow)
• Snowflake sprinkles
• Round peppermints
• Mini candy canes
• Gum drops
• Peanut butter cups (mini and large)
• sugar cones
• Rainbow sprinkles
• Royal icing- pink, green, white (https://youtu.be/RnxHBne-uVo
• licorice pieces
• Large rainbow swirl lollipop
1. Attach the cake cubes in the gingerbread pieces. Using the pink royal icing, and a #12 tip, cover the sides 3/4 of the way up from the bottom with pink bubbles and 1/4 with white royal icing.
2. Insert 3 dowels into the larger cake, and place the smaller cake on top of the dowels. Cover the tops of the cakes with sprinkles.
3. Switching to working on the cake board, cut out squares of fondant and create the game pathway. Using the gum drops, create Gum drop Mountains. Using the lollipops, create lollipop forest. Using the candy canes and peppermint pieces, create Peppermint Forest. Use the licorice pieces to create Licorice Lagoon. Use the peanut candies to create peanut acres.Use the blue and white snowflake candies etc to create Ice Cream Sea area. Use the royal icing to adhere the pieces to the board. To cover the areas without the candies, use the green royal icing fitted with a 233 tip.
4. Decorate the cupcake cookie for the door and attach to the front of the castle. Insert the lollipop into the top of the castle.
5. Slice and serve cake when desired. Cake is best kept in a sealed container in the fridge.