BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandca...
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER here: http://madmimi.com/signups/...
Today I'm showing you how to make Rainbow Waffles! This is a great breakfast idea for birthdays or for a St Patrick's day celebration! My homemade waffle recipe is delicious- light and fluffy- and works fabulously stacked in a rainbow like this waffle cake. I purchased my first ever waffle maker to make these, and I'm so glad I did, as they turned out so well.
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandca...
How to Make Rainbow Waffles
Get the waffle maker here: http://amzn.to/1RN8RiO
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cups milk
Gel pastes (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
Marshmallows- mini and regular
Airheads Extreme Bits
Mini rainbow chocolate chips
Colored piping gel (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
1. Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder) in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. In a small sized bowl, combine milk, eggs, and butter. Whisk to combine.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until no clumps remain.
4. Divide batter equally into 6 bowls, each bowl will have approximately 1/2 cup of batter. Add gel paste into each bowl and stir until no light streaks remain.
5. Preheat waffle maker according to the directions. Once heated, pour batter into the center of the waffle maker, and allow to cook as per recommended time of the appliance.
6. Repeat adding batter to the waffle maker for each of the colors.
7. Once all waffle colors have been baked, place purple waffle onto a plate. Cover the top of the purple waffle with whipping cream and then stack the blue waffle on top of the cream. Repeat layers of waffles (green, yellow, orange) and cream until the red is at the top.
8. Place remaining whipping cream into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe 8 stars of whipping cream around the edge of the red waffle and place a large dollop of cream in the center of the waffle. To the center dollop, add marshmallows, and to the stars, add a piece of Airhead candy.
9. Using the colored piping gel, squeeze on gel to decorate the marshmallows. Add more mini marshmallows once you've finished with the gel. Finish the waffle stack with mini rainbow chips and additional Airheads.
10. Slice into triangle pieces, or remove single layers of waffles and serve immediately.