In light of this pumpkin layer cake recipe video, I’m collaborating with one of my all-time favorite Youtuber’s ever, Entertaining with Beth. You won’t find a more down to earth, nicer, more talented person than Beth, no joke! She is a great cook and I’m super proud to call her friend. So, when you are done with this video, or heck even before, go see her amazing recipe video for pumpkin spiced waffles which will for sure help you start off your day right, In October!
GO WATCH HER VIDEO NOW AT: https://bit.ly/2Nk07Di
SUBSCRIBE TO HER CHANNEL NOW AT: https://bit.ly/2Rps0gt
SUBSCRIBE for more great recipes: http://bit.ly/2zql9ha
MORE GREAT DESSERT RECIPES:
Coconut Panna Cotta: https://bit.ly/2ye5X3u
Peach Cake: https://bit.ly/2wQnhuE
Peach Tart: https://bit.ly/2Q90T8I
Blueberry Pie: http://bit.ly/2JRyjbN
Apple Fritters: http://bit.ly/2JY1DNC
Rose Apple Pie: http://bit.ly/2LWsdnY
Ricotta Olive Oil Cake: http://bit.ly/2yeY15v
Peach Cobbler: http://bit.ly/2yhMcLI
Chocolate Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/2MtHhu0
Layered Rum Pumpkin Cake Recipe with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
For the Cake:
• 2 cups of melted unsalted butter
• 10 large eggs
• 2 1/2 cups of loosely packed brown sugar
• 2 cups of sugar
• 3 tablespoons of dark rum
• 2 15-ounce cans of canned pumpkin puree
• 5 cups of all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon of baking soda
• 1 tablespoon of baking powder
• pinch of salt
• 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
For the Frosting:
• 2 pounds of softened cream cheese
• 2 cups of softened unsalted butter
• 4 cups of powdered sugar
• 1 cup of maple syrup
• pecan halves and currants for garnish
Makes 1 6-layer 8” cake plus leftovers for trifles
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. In a standing mixer with the whisk attachment on low speed mix together the eggs, melted butter, sugars and pumpkin until combined.
3. In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and seasoning blend.
4. Add the bowl with the dry ingredients to the bowl with the eggs and sugar and mix together on low speed
5. Next, evenly distribute the batter onto 3 cookie sheet trays lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-stick spray and bake in the oven on 350° for 15-18 minutes. Let completely cool before icing.
6. In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the cream cheese and softened butter until it becomes light and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, and syrup, and whip until incorporated and smooth.
7. Once the cakes have cooled use an 8” cake cutter to make 6 layers. Ice in between each layer with the cream cheese frosting and top off with pecans and currants.
8. Note: There will be lots of leftover pumpkin cake pieces as well as icing which is perfect for making trifles in a glass or just mixed together and eaten