There has been a newspaper in Corpus Christi for almost as long as there has been a town. In 1883, the Caller was started in a frame building at 310 North Chaparral, now the site of Green's Jewelers. Later, there was a newspaper called the Times. Both were located on North Chaparral in 1920. In the late 1920's, the two were combined to become the Caller-Times. The present building was erected in 1935 at 820 North Lower Broadway and has subsequently been remodeled and enlarged several times. The most recent addition was completed in 1994 when a new Goss Metroliner offset press was installed in a $10 million expansion.
Another milestone was reached in August 1995 - the internet edition of Caller-Times was launched. The site was re-designed and renamed caller.com in 1998. On Oct 15, 1997, the paper itself, long owned by Harte-Hanks Communications, was taken over by the E. W. Scripps Company. As of April 1, 2015, we are now a proud member of the Journal Media Group.
In the early days, the paper cost just a few cents and until well after World War II, was delivered on bicycles.