The toolkit avaiable on sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/Ho2F/
The demo download: https://drive.google.com/op...
You can read more about it here: https://forums.unrealengine...
2nd part: https://www.youtube.com/wat...
All assets in this project are either created entirely by myself or were released as Public Domain and then used directly or edited by me.
This is just a small side-project, the prototype made on my twitch stream (http://twitch.tv/Tefel
) where people could follow a creation process. To make this more enjoable I was trying to be really close to the original Minecraft game. While it's looking similar to Minecraft, my intention was not to create a game similar to Minecraft but just challenge myself and check overall look of all additional Unreal Engine 4 effects.
There is a lot of small things You can notice while trying this prototype
- procedurally generated World with wide range of randomness (seed makes whole thing looks much different every time)
- wind effect for the trees and all other custom elements like flower and grass
- advanced materials with normals, displacement, shaders, shifting grass, removing tiling effect and adding additional 3D noises for sand and stones
- advanced particles like falling leaves, birds
- independent scene actors - butterflies
- cracking effect, destructible mesh effect
- simple inventory based on UMG
- savegame system based on C++ finding .sav files - simplicity 1 file = 1 game
- more than 50 sounds for different type of voxel and tool using
- menu system with GPU / CPU settings
- additional options to make this thing more funny like rounded material for trees, BIGGER/SMALLER blocks etc.
When generating the voxel World I tried to focus more on C++ and good performance. I achieved that generating only the front faces from the outward voxels and sharing information between chunks.
PLEASE SHARE, LIKE, SUBSCRIBE if You want to help me grow this channel and be able to create more prototypes and tutorials in the future!
Textures used from this pack: http://www.minecrafttexture...
Some sounds taken from here: http://freemusicarchive.org/
Philipp Weigl - Subdivision of the Masses (MENU)
Sergey Cheremisinov - Waves / When You Leave (GAME)