Welcome to the live stream of Soc 119, an innovative Sociology course taught by Dr. Sam Richards at The Pennsylvania State University. Sam creates an engaging participatory classroom environment to allow students from every background to step into worlds other than their own. He also invites YOU to join in from wherever you are and he welcomes your personal viewpoint.
Class happens on Tuesday and Thursdays from 4:35-5:50 pm Eastern Standard Time. To find your local time go to https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc... and enter "State College, PA" and then your local major city. Reflection videos are released on Mondays & Fridays afternoons. Soc 119 Podcast is Fridays at 12pm EST.
Feel free to participate in the chat space and interact with students in the classroom by using the #soc119 hashtag on Twitter. But please be kind. Remember, this is a classroom.
1. Use language appropriate for a classroom.
2. Be positive and respectful to everyone.
3. Do not attack people.
4. Respect the moderators.
5. Refrain from making jokes about mental disorders, racism and/or discrimination.
6. There is usually a three-strike policy when a rule is violated:
7. First you will receive a warning from a moderator. Secondly your channel will go on a timeout. Finally your channel will be banned.
8. Moderators have the right to timeout or ban anyone at anytime.
If we show a video in class, we'll post the link in the live stream chat space.
Did you watch and ad during the video? All of the money we make from Google AdSense we use to go back into the stream. We are able to pay for free trade t-shirts for stream team members, paying for new equipment, etc. No one gets paid with the money we make, and we do NOT make millions of dollars. If we have a surplus of money from the YouTube Channel, we donate the remaining money to our Brazil/Haiti projects. Have any questions? Email email@example.com
PODCAST: You Can’t Say That
Class website: http://www.soc119.org
Do you have a comment, question or concern?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com