Here's Minecraft 1.12 - the World of Colors update. This video is a comprehensive look at the things introduced and changed since Minecraft 1.11.2.
* Items & Blocks: 1:11
* Mobs: 4:32
* Crafting: 7:41
* Gameplay: 10:08
* Advancements: 11:32
* Sounds: 19:08
* Creative: 22:01
* Outro: 22:38
Major changes in this version:
Blocks and items:
- Glazed terracotta blocks in 16 colors, obtainable by smelting terracotta
- Different patterns per color
- Doesn't stick to slime blocks
- A new set of blocks in 16 colors: Concrete powder
- Looks and falls like sand
- Turns into the new solid block when inside water
- Crafting recipe: 4 sand, 4 gravel, a dye for 8 blocks, shapeless
- A new block with 16 colors: Concrete block
- New wool, sheep, shulker, shulker box and banner colors
- Beds now have colors, crafted either by using colored wool or with a white bed and dye
- Beds are somewhat bouncy now
- Magma blocks now burn infinitely like netherrack
- Blocks that can connect to other blocks now connect to the back side of stairs
- Snow can now be placed on stop of upside down stairs and top-half slabs
- Paintings now take up the maximum space available to them when placed
- Parrots added!
- Passive mob spawning in jungles, 5 variations
- Can fly, can sit
- Can imitate the sounds of other mobs. Like to follow other mobs around
- 3 hearts of health. When killed, drops a feather and XP
- Can be tamed using seeds
- Tamed parrots follow players around like other pets, teleport if too far away and can be told to sit
- They also sometimes fly to the player and sits on your shoulder. You can have one on each shoulder
- If you jump, the parrot will get off your shoulder
- Also get off if you get into water or take damage
- Can be fed cookies, which kills them immediately
- Tamed parrots will party when near to a jukebox playing a record
- New mob: the Illusioner Illager
- No spawn egg, doesn't spawn in the world
- 16 hearts (32) health
- Attack players, villagers and iron golems withing 12 blocks
- Wizard-type mob with two spells: - Become invisible and create 3-4 illusion copies of itself - spell signalled with blue particles
- Any damage to the real illusioner cancels the spell - Cast Blindness on its target when on Hard difficulty - signalled with black particles
- Also attacks with a bow
- Recipe book in crafting interface
- Recipes unlock on different criteria, most commonly getting the ingredients
- Searchable dictionary of recipes
- Crafting an item unlocks its recipe - unless the doLimitedCrafting game rule is on
- Craftable recipes can be clicked to move ingredients into crafting grid
- Items no longer drop on ground if crafting window is closed with items in grid
- Tutorial hint popups at the start of the game
- Hoppers now feed correctly into brewing stands again
- Replacement for achievements
- New window with a tabbed display for several categories of advancements, can be opened with a keybind (default L)
- Narrator added to the game
- Has 4 modes: off, chat, system and all
- Uses your system text to speech service to read chat and/or system messages.
- Toggled in options screen or with control+B.
- New noteblock sounds:
- Bone - xylophone
- Gold - bell
- Clay - flute
- Packed ice - chimes
- Wool - guitar
- New sounds: Parrots, Illusioner, Casting fishing rod, Reel in fishing rod, Throw eye of ender, Eye of ender exploding / dropping to item, Place eye in end portal frame, Complete end portal, Paddle boat, Paddle boat on land, Drowning, Burning
- It's now possible to save and restore hotbar items in creative mode (17w06a)
Thanks to Team Vaeron for the intro/outro build. Check them out: https://youtube.be/channel/...
... - https://twitter.com/TeamVaeron
Minecraft news playlist: https://www.youtube.com/pla...
What's New in Minecraft 1.11? https://www.youtube.com/wat...
What's New in Minecraft 1.10? https://www.youtube.com/wat...
What's New in Minecraft 1.9? https://www.youtube.com/wat...
Music by Sentient Pulse (https://soundcloud.com/sent...
Outro music "The Fire" by Amarante (http://amarante.bandcamp.com
). All music licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/...
Leave me a comment, or find me elsewhere:
Second channel: https://www.youtube.com/cha...