Learn how to knit a scarf for beginners in this step-by-step video tutorial! This course is designed for complete newbies and beginners, so if you've never held yarn or needles before, then this is course for you!
We'll go over each step of the knitting process (don't worry, there are only 3 steps!) so that you can knit a comfy scarf with any yarn and needles.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
1. Cast On - involves getting the yarn onto your needles
2. Knit Stitch - the bread and butter of knitting. Get this stitch down and you can officially call yourself a knitter!
3. Cast Off - how do you get your scarf off your needles when it's long enough? With the cast off!
* How to choose yarn and needles
* How to get a neat edge using a slipped selvedge
* How to hold your needles (once you're comfortable knitting)
* How to weave in your tail ends so that your scarf is neat and secure
0:32 Choosing Yarn and Needles
2:16 Cast On
7:33 Knit Stitch
13:46 Next Row and Pep Talk
16:01 How to Hold Your Needles
18:31 Slipped Selvedge
19:34 Cast Off
24:29 Weaving in Ends
HOW I KNIT MY SCARF:
The scarf in the video is knit with two skeins of Martta the Merino yarn in color Pearl. This is a bulky weight yarn.
I casted on 22 stitches and used a US 15/10mm bamboo needle to knit the scarf. The scarf ended up being 9.25" wide and 65" long.
HELPFUL VIDEOS FOR BEGINNERS:
How to Join a New Ball of Yarn: https://youtu.be/I_cHO6R_MBc
How to Fix Dropped Stitches: https://youtu.be/FcKrw4LcWgw
How to Fix Extra Stitches: https://youtu.be/1oP6EyCT93g
SAY HELLO ON THE INTERWEBS!
This video course is brought to you by Sheep & Stitch! Visit us online and say hello! (or bonjour, hei, kon'nichiwa or hola! We love our international viewers!)
Music used in the video:
"Swimming" by Poddington Bear
"Summertime" by YoWiLLLL