Welcome to Marriland's Pokémon FireRed Wedlocke (Nuzlocke challenge variant)! In this episode, Color departs from his hometown of Pallet in order to see the world of Pokémon and take on the many adventures along the way, but not before first delivering some Parcel to Professor Oak!
—— PLAYLIST ——
♫ Enjoying the video series? Don't forget to hit that LIKE button and subscribe! It's a great way to say thanks! And feel free to leave comments down below! ♪
This is a WEDLOCKE challenge, which is a variant of a NUZLOCKE where Pokémon are paired up together and can only fight alongside each other in battle. You can find the full rules of the Wedlocke challenge in this video:
—— FANART ——
You can submit art to the Marrilanders deviantART group or by sending it to me on Twitter!
—— PORTRAIT ART ——
The AWESOME portrait art used throughout the series was done by Kelo. Interested in some art? Check out his Twitter profile for more information about commissioning his art:
—— BASIC RULES ——
• Fainted Pokémon are considered dead and must be released.
• I can only catch the first encounter on any route/area, except for "dupes".
• Everything needs to be nicknamed.
• Pokémon are paired up into pairs of male and female Pokémon and can only be switched between each other in battle.
• Cannot deposit Pokémon into the PC.
—— EXTRA RULES ——
• Level limit: 14 (Brock), 21 (Misty), 24 (Lt. Surge), 29 (Erika), 43 (Koga), 43 (Sabrina), 47 (Blaine), 50 (Giovanni), 61 (before Elite Four). Levels are based on the upcoming Gym Leader's highest level Pokémon, or a few levels lower than the Champion's highest level Pokémon before entering the Elite Four (limit no longer applies after starting the Elite Four). My Pokémon can't exceed these limits BEFORE starting any battle and have to be temporarily deposited if they exceed the limit AFTER any battle is complete.
• Item limit: Limit of 3 bag items per pair, per battle.
• Shiny Clause: any Shiny Pokémon I encounter is a bonus encounter and does not apply Dupes Clause.
• Stunted Growth: A Pokémon in a three-stage evolution line (not counting baby Pokémon) may not evolve into its final stage, with the exceptions of Metapod evolving into Butterfree and Kakuna evolving into Beedrill.
• Banned Pokémon: To maintain balance with Stunted Growth, the following Pokémon cannot be used (encounters with them are treated as dupes): Arcanine, Magikarp, Gyarados, Lapras, Snorlax.
• FRLG Exp. Share Clause: At the point in the game when the Exp. Share is obtainable on Route 15, I may make a trade with another game in order to receive the Exp. Share item. Otherwise, 50 Pokémon are required to be registered in the Pokédex, which is almost impossible for any Nuzlocke challenge, and it would lead to wasted hours of training since Switch training isn't always an option like a standard Nuzlocke.
MUSIC SOMETIMES USED FOR DEATH SCENES:
"Wounded" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0http://creativecommons.org/...
—— SOCIAL MEDIA ——